Update 8/15/23: Deal is back and valid until 12/31/2023.
Update 1/12/23: Bonus has been increased to $250 on both accounts + bonus points. Spend requirement is now $200 instead of $100. Valid until 2/15/23 now.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Must be a resident of DE, MD, NJ, PA
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Can fund at least $500 with a credit card
- Monthly fees: Yes, $10 or $25 monthly fee (avoidable)
- Early account termination fee: $25, 1 year
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: December 31, 2020
- Firstrust Bank is offering a bonus of $250 + 5,000 points when you open a FirstPaySM account or $250 + 10,000 points FirstPaySM Premier Eagles Checking and complete the following requirements:
- Make a purchase of $200 or more
The Fine Print
- Bonus points will be paid to all new FirstPaySM and FirstPaySM Premier Eagles Checking accounts opened from 10/16/2020 to 12/31/2020. FirstPaySM Eagles checking customers will receive 15,000 bonus points. FirstPaySM Premier Eagles checking will receive 20,000 bonus points.
- Limit 1 per household.
- Bonus points may be redeemed for advertised gift card value. I.e. every 5,000 bonus points can be redeemed for $50 gift card.
- New customers will be eligible after first Visa® purchase of $100 or more is made within 60 days of new account opening. Bonus will be paid within 60 days of purchase.
- Points can be redeemed through scorecardrewards.com. Points will be eligible to be redeemed for gift cards 60 days after new account opening. Card must be registered to redeem.
- Offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
FirstPay Checking Account
To avoid monthly maintenance fee ($10), account is required to have one of the following each month: $500 minimum daily balance, monthly direct deposit, 10 debit card purchases or 5 online bill payments.
FirstPay Premier Checking
To avoid monthly maintenance fee ($25), account is required to have one of the following maintain $5,000 combined balance in deposits accounts or have $50,000 in consumer loans and lines of credit balances.
Early Account Termination Fee
There is an early account termination fee of $25 if closed within a year.
We’ve previously seen a $276 checking bonus, that required a direct deposit but was easier to keep fee free (same requirements as the current $150 bonus). This offer might be worth considering for those that don’t like to worry about meeting the direct deposit requirement, otherwise it could make sense to wait for a bigger offer to return. We will add this to our best bank account bonus page.
Hat tip to Novacat05
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- Update 7/15/22: Deal is back to $150/$200 and valid until 03/31/2023.
- Update 5/12/21: Deal has been reduced to $50/$100.
- Update 1/31/21: Deal has been extended until May 31, 2021. Hat tip to reader Vlad